Weekends Are Love!
Posted on: 28th of January 2007
| Under: Life & Love
I always anticipate weekends, because it’s the only time that JR and I get to spend real quality time together. Our weekdays are usually spent doing our own separate things, so when Saturday arrives, we make sure that we’re together.
Last weekend, JR had to stay at the hospital to watch over his dad. And since it has been a weekly routine for him and I to spend Saturdays together, I willingly stayed with them too.
It was definitely a great time spent with JR and his dad. We talked and listened to JR’s dad tell stories. We welcomed the visitors and sat on the extra bed listening and watching them converse with one another. We ate and fell asleep right after stuffing ourselves (pigs! haha!). We even took pictures with JR’s new 350D. Well, JR took the photos. I just sat and posed as his subject! haha!
Remembering 2006 and Looking Forward to 2007
Posted on: 5th of January 2007
| Under: Life & Love
2006 passed quicker than I had imagined, and just as I had predicted, the whole year was definitely full of wonderful memories.
- Early on in 2006, I finally got my driver’s license. I had been putting it off for years, and pushing myself to take classes was indeed one of the best things I did. I enjoy taking public transportation (learning how to commute when we moved back here was something I was really proud of), but I also enjoy having the comfort of driving myself anywhere I please.
- 2006 also gave way to numerous reunions with old friends from Brunei, including this one. Of course, more pictures can be viewed in my Multiply account.
- Graduating was my biggest achievement of the year. Walking up on stage made me feel so good, especially since I had a medal pinned on my toga for an honorable mention. :)
- As a graduation gift, my parents bought me my MacBook, which actually still keeps me up all night. I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it! XP
- Our Singapore Trip was probably the highlight of 2006. Ten days spent with JR, sight-seeing, shopping and meeting up with my dear friends. It was one big adventure that definitely tops all the adventures that we’ve had as a couple. <3
- Family occasions are something that I love, and my parents’ 25th Wedding Anniversary was a family effort that we all enjoyed. Despite the obstacles that popped up along the way, we still managed to push things through beautifully. :)
- 2006 was also full of love, and celebrating our 3rd year together was fun. Probably the best anniversary spent together. <3
Greeting the New Year was extra special, because JR spent it with my family and I. He came over early in the morning of December 31st and tagged along as I did my errands the whole day: shopping for bathroom fixtures with my mom and dad, doing the groceries, mass at 7pm, and then making tacos and onion rings for dinner. By midnight, we were out on the street watching pretty fireworks. We don’t buy fireworks/crackers, so our New Years are always spent watching our neighbors light theirs.