Notebook Art Makes Waves
Posted on: 21st of July 2008
| Under: Artsy Fartsy
Last Saturday, my mother was messaging me at seven in the morning telling me to go online. She was so excited that she wanted me to go on skype right away.
The reason behind it was because I was featured in the Philippine Daily Inquirer. =)
Philippine Daily Inquirer (07/19/2008) – Part of the first page.
Philippine Daily Inquirer (07/19/2008) – Part of the second page.
Free Time to Read
Posted on: 13th of July 2008
| Under: Geek Talk
I’ve had quite a lot of free time lately. Free time to rest. Free time to wander around the city. Free time to make some art. And free time to be able to sit down and read.
In a span of two and a half weeks, I’ve managed to read two books, and even started on a third:
For One More Day by Mitch Albom: Read.
Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon: Read.
Diary by Chuck Palahniuk: Currently reading.
I’m planning to buy Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert once I’m done with my third book. =)
What book are you reading?
Missing Manila, but Loving Singapore
Posted on: 2nd of July 2008
| Under: Life & Love
Things I miss about Manila:
- My family. Although, I am actually in constant contact with them through the internet. My mom bugs me almost everyday about finding and buying her nice shoes and bags! LOL!
- Gucci! I miss coming home to her waiting by the door, ready to fetch my slippers. I was actually on voicechat with my family the other night, and I was calling out to her so she could hear me. She was crying out loud when she did and was running around the room trying to find me. The poor thing misses me too! =(
- My pillows! I must remember to pack them in my suitcase when I go home in December.
- My entire closet (clothes, shoes and bags). I could only bring so much when I flew here. I always have days when I feel as if I have nothing to wear!
- Cibo! I want some of my favorite Manzo Panini!
- My books. Sometimes I find comfort just staring at my bookshelf. =P
- The rest of my art supplies.
Things I love about Singapore:
- Finally being with the boyfriend. Just as he say’s it: “We’re finally Together Again!”
- Being independent.
- Cooking breakfast, cleaning, doing the laundry, and feeling all domesticated.
- Riding the MRT everywhere. I do miss driving around in my own car, but being just a passenger is quite relaxing. :)
- Clean toilets with tissue everywhere! Something that you’ll rarely, if not never, find in Manila. =P
- Going to the gym and hearing several people speaking in Tagalog. Makes me feel like I never left Manila at all.
- JR‘s band (En-X) and finally being able to watch them play, even if it’s just during their jamming/practise sessions.
- Yummy food! I love, love Chinese and Malay food. =)
- Shopping! But, I must really take control, because I am going broke! =P
- Living on the 4th floor, with no elevator. Going up and down the stairs everyday serves as my quick exercise when I’m too lazy to go to the gym. XP
Posted on: 1st of July 2008
| Under: Life & Love
It has been about two and a half weeks since I stuffed my luggage (to an excess, might I add!) and flew here to Singapore. I am now in my new home.
I am actually amazed that I didn’t find it too hard leaving Manila. I’ve had my fair share of moving around (if you didn’t know, my family and I moved around a lot), and I never liked having to leave friends behind. I have always been quite scared to crawl out of my comfort zone. But this time, I guess it was different. I just had to take a leap and actually go for what I want.
I am happy. And even if I don’t have everything that I’ve been hoping for yet, I am confident that I’m getting there. Just a few more steps. :)