Organizing and Storing Makeup, Jewelries and Accessories
Posted on: 3rd of November 2008 | Under: Fashion & Beauty

I’m a neat freak and I don’t like clutter very much. I clean, pick up mess and unconsciouly organize them into piles–even in other people’s rooms! I remember I was over a friend’s house back in High School and literally had a headache when I entered her jungle of a room. She had hundreds of books, magazines and other junk on the floor, and by the end of the day I had convinced her into letting me clean up a bit. Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy spending hours cleaning and organizing clutter.

Since I moved to Singapore, my makeup, jewelries and accessories have been stored in a messy pile. My makeup were all stuffed in small bags, while my jewelries were all tangled up together in small drawers. Sometimes I would lie awake at night, haunted by just the thought of sleeping meters away from all the clutter!

Yesterday, I finally talked JR into getting me new drawers and organizers. =)

I love Muji. They have simple yet stylish products for the home (no office furniture though). I walked into the store and fell in love with their storage items right away. It took a while for me to choose what I wanted, but I came home with these drawers:

I love them! I love how they’re frosted and not completely see through like most plastic drawers that I’ve seen around. They’re also stackable, so I can easily buy extras when I need them.

I shared makeup with my mom and sister back in Manila, so I could only take a few of them with me to Singapore. I am starting to build my own collection now (I’ve been crazy over makeup these past few weeks), and the small stash that I currently have fit just right in the three-drawer (two small and one big) setup that I got. I’m thinking of getting another two-drawer set so I can organize the makeup better by separating them according to their use and purpose.

For my jewelries and accessories, I got these plastic dividers to organize my rings and a couple of my earrings. The size is just perfect, as they’re big enough to store my bigger rings (I love over sized rings!). I love how organized it looks and how I can see every one of them. It will definitely be easier for me to pick them out. Although, I was disappointed when I realized that these didn’t come glued together. I had to spend several minutes taping them together, so they wouldn’t fall apart. I’ll check back in the store whether they have some that are ready to use.

I didn’t manage to fix my drawer full of my necklaces, because I just don’t have enough space to organize them properly at the moment. I need to get more of those drawers (like the ones for my makeup), and bigger dividers so I can complete the project. =)

What about you guys? How do you store your mekeup and accessories?

You might also like

Photos of My Life No. 1: Makeup Thank you for all your photo requests for my Photos of My Life project. :) The first set of photos,...
Great Conversations Throughout the ten years that I've been blogging, I've gathered quite a number of online friends already....
Wedding Planning A little less than three months to go 'til the big day! It's been a busy past couple of months, flying...
Online Shopping I've sort of been on a makeup-frenzy hiatus these past couple of months. Been battling the urge to make...

16 Comments to “Organizing and Storing Makeup, Jewelries and Accessories”

1. venice says:

yay, oc stuff! =)

2. anna says:

haha! I am such an OC! =D hehe!

3. Carla says:

4 SETS PLEASE

4. toni says:

You arranged them perfectly!:) haha
    I get that that odd feeling too when I see clutter, but I highly doubt I’m as OC as you are. Haha

The quote about home is so true by the way!

5. anna says:

Carla: Yes boss, will try to go back to the store tomorrow. =P

6. anna says:

Toni: Oh yeah, I’m quite OC! Haha! I just love cleaning. =D And yup, that home quote is love. =) Enjoy your time with your family while you’re still living with them. =)

7. ate janz says:

wow. what pretty jewelry. :)

i think that’s a good idea to put makeup in a drawer. the train i bought is crowded with makeup already. it’s time to move them in a drawer.

lol. you inspired me to clean and organize my room now. (it’s been ages since the last general cleaning now. lol.) you do things so neatly. :)

8. Kim says:

Grabe. Dami mong make-up!!!

9. Lei says:

I don’t have makeup and jewelries *lol* Well I have makeup pero powder and blush on lang sya… So d ko na kelangan iorganize pa nasa kikay kit ko lang sya :)

Anyways, how much are the plastic drawers? Parang I want one pa rin para sa mga abubot sa desk ko :) If mura lang I’ll buy one… I *might* be at SG this Thursday kasi :)

10. anna says:

ate janz: ooh, i’m sure you have a whole stack of makeup. i’ve always known you as a makeup lover. and yup, organizing is so much fun!!! =) good luck! hehe!

11. anna says:

Kim: Lol! I think there’s always room for more! Haha!

12. anna says:

Lei: The two-drawer set is at SGD23, while the one-drawer is at SGD16. =) Muji is on the 2nd floor of Bugis Junction (by Bugis MRT station). What time and what airlines is your flight on Thursday? My brother’s also arriving that day and I’ll be picking him up. =)

13. mikkiel says:

Thank you for your post. I would say that this singapore shopping directory offers a lot of selections too. Might be useful for you or your readers.

14. anna says:

Mikklei: Great! Thanks for the link!

15. […] keep my makeup in these drawers from Muji. If you read back to one of my blog posts almost two years ago, I revealed my neat-freak personality, pointing out my love affair with […]

16. Great article!
    I just find more betterjewelry.
    And seekother good ideas.