One of the reasons why I love living in Singapore is the fact that I get to watch concerts of bands that I really like. For example, seeing Lifehouse, one of my all-time favorite bands, in concert last year was something that really blew me away.
Now, Coldplay is not exactly at the top of my list of favorite bands, but I do like listening to their music, and I was excited enough to see them in concert last Monday. My expectations weren’t so high, because I really just intended on hearing them live. The boyfriend and I bought the lowest ticket and were seated high above in the Singapore Indoor Stadium, and at a distance from the stage. Being high up turned out to be a wiser choice, as we could gladly see everything that was happening. :)
Here are a few photos to describe the whole experience:
JR and I waiting for the concert to start.
We were THAT far from the stage, but the view was fantastic, nevertheless! The stage was awesome!
Yay, Coldplay! They did a great job at putting on a wonderful show. I didn’t expect to have the best time, but I was already blown away a minute into the concert!!! They were so GOOD, I can’t even find the right words to describe it!
Can you see Chris Martin in the middle? He was running all over the stage and was great at keeping the crowd going!
Great music, great performance, and to top it off, GREAT lighting effects! The whole production was fantastic!
Everyone had their cameras out! LOL! Next time I should bring a better camera and more compact flash cards! I love how cameras are allowed in concerts here.
More from the great concert production, a wonderful surprise popped up as soon as Colplday started singing Yellow. Yup, yellow balloons!!!!
And as if those awesome laser lights and balloons weren’t enough, there was also a shower of colorful confetti!!! This was the only time in the entire concert when I wished I was seated in the lower areas! I wanted to be standing in the middle of it all!!! LOL! It wasn’t obvious from where we were sitting, but every single one of those were actually shaped into butterflies!!!
The crowd was awesome too! We were all up on our feet the entire concert, singing our hearts out!
It was such a GREAT concert! I never expected it to be something that would give me natural high even days after it was all over. =P
JR and I after the concert. <3
Highlights of the whole concert:
- Great music, of course! I was happy they sang ALL the songs that I was waiting for: Clocks, In My Place, Yellow, Fix You, Viva La Vida, I’m A Believer (Shrek OST / The Monkees cover)… and even The Scientist! I didn’t think they were going to end the night without playing The Scientist, so I was thrilled when Chris came out for the encore and started singing it! <3
- The band and how they engaged and teased the crowd throughout the entire concert! They really made the crowd go wild!
- The whole production. From the sound, the lights, the extra crowd-pleasers (balloons and confetti), to even the images/videos that were being projected on the screens. Everything was one big production number!
- The moment when the band walked off the stage to a spot in the middle of the second tier of the audience. They performed two songs right there in the middle of the crowd! Totally unexpected! Totally awesome! <3
- The audience’s cellphone wave with the lights off, while the band took a five minute break.
- Going home without feeling cheated. None of those “They didn’t sing enough songs!” thoughts. It was all worth it! They sang a total of twenty-five songs that was spread into a two-hour production number! It was definitely worth every single cent!
I had a fantabulous night! And just like the Lifehouse concert, the Coldplay experience is now listed as one of the best concerts I’ve ever watched!
Next concert: Oasis! :)