Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S
Posted on: 12th of May 2009 | Under: Geek Talk

Lookie, I have new toy!

img_1999

My new Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S in pink! <3

Finding film for my Polaroid Spirit 600 has been very difficult ever since Polaroid ceased its instant film production. I haven’t seen a single store in Singapore/Philippines (they don’t sell them at Dansko either) who have any stock left! The prices of the ones being sold online have even gone up, and that doesn’t even include shipping yet! It’s just so sad, because I really think Polaroids are great. They print instant memories, and each photo is always unique and personal.

While searching for cheap Polaroid 600 films online, I stumbled upon an LJ spree who sold the Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S for a lower price. I had been wanting one for months, and I finally gave in, because it was a really good deal. :)

img_2006

My new toy next to my beloved Polaroid Spirit 600.

The Instax Mini 7s is definitely no Polaroid, but it’s still a wonderful alternative. I still get that instant gratification upon seeing the result a few seconds after clicking. What can I say, I just love instant photos! <3

Fuji has even made additions to the basic experience of the classic Polaoroid. Unlike the Polaroid where the battery is part of the film cartridge, the Instax Mini has it’s own battery compartment (for 4 AA batteries) that’s part of the camera. The quality of the prints have also improved, with its automatic built-in flash, infinity focusing, a high quality Fujinon lens and a simple exposure control which you can switch according to your light conditions.

img_2016

Instax Mini film vs. Polaroid 600 film.

Instax Mini films come smaller than the Polaroid 600 films. About the size of a credit card, they’re great to stash inside a wallet. To top it off, the films are also a lot cheaper than the Polaroid 600!

I just found out that the films are cheaper in Manila, so I’m gonna go stock up when I fly back. ^_^

You might also like

Photos of My Life No. 7: My Gadgets Taking some time off wedding planning, here's an overdue post on my seventh Photos of My Life: My Gadgets,...
New Layout Testing, testing! So I finally got myself to fiddle around photoshop, and lookie, I have a new layout!...
A Need to Get Away I've had to deal with so much stress lately: the last few days of school and family dealings too. All...
For the Love of Pink Roses and chocolates are the most common gifts girls get during Valentine's day. But my boyfriend,...

69 Comments to “Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S”

1. MJ says:

hey dennis, can u pls tell me where exactly in makati did u buy your instax mini films? i mean can u specify if its a mall or what? coz i have a camera at home, and i cant use it anymore coz i dont have films. so pls tell me where i can buy those films. you can email me or just reply to this message. thanks in advance.

2. MJ says:

hey anna, do u know any specific location, like mall or store that sell instax mini films? can u pls tell me where exactly can i buy those films? coz i have a camera at home, and i cant use it anymore coz i dont have films. so pls tell me where. you can email me or just reply to this message. thanks in advance.

anna Reply:

Hi MJ! Sorry, I’m not too sure exactly where in Manila you can buy the films. I bought mine online in Singapore. Try calling Fujifilm stores. I’m sure they’ll have some in their stores. Good luck!

3. nail tattoos says:

Good morning, I am searching for partners for our next nail site, are you interested? :)

4. With this blog article you have guide me to uncover the facts which I need to get a lot more facts. Thanks for that!

5. Ariel says:

Hi Anna,

Sorry i never had the chance to reply to your querry more than a year ago, i forgot your site after i made the comment.

I work for Fujifilm in the Phils. Yes we are still selling the cameras and films. I’m base in Quezon City.

You can still reach me at 09178863490. Film is being sold at P662.00 per pack of 20 sheets. o it’s twin pack of 10/s.

6. Thanks for posting about this, I would love to read more….

7. Roshinah says:

Hi , may I know where you got the mini 7s for 89 ? I need these urgently , thanks ! :D

anna Reply:

Hi! As in my previous comment replies, I got them from http://mitsuki-tk.livejournal.com …I got them 2 years ago, so they were cheaper then. The price has probably gone a little higher now.

8. blink says:

Hi saw rental services for the camera at:

Quite reasonable rates..

9. Ariel says:

Also available in PH are instax Mini Camera white and brown. Or the limited edition called milk and choco.

10. kat says:

awesome, i think i want one. love your pink layout. :)

anna Reply:

Hi Kat! Thank you! :)

11. Zen says:

hey. I’ve been searching for this camera for a long time. Where did you buy? In manila or singapore? thanks! I’d like to have the pink one too.

12. cacang says:

hello!! i just would like if this kind of camera also allows saving photos to its memory?? or is it always that you need to print out pictures every after shot??thank you:))

13. pretty_girl says:

hai!! i just wanna know if it is possible for this camera to take pictures but not print…like, you’ll just save on your computer.or is it really needed to print every after shot?

14. Bianca says:

I get my instax sheets @ instaxfilm.tumblr.com
    sila na yata pinakamurang nabilan ko for 380 (10pcs) tapos discounted pa kapag 20pcs.

Try niyo din yung rainbow sheets nila #Instaxgratification super aliw!

15. Instaxcular says:

We offer instax cameras, films and accessories at a very very cheap price. You may visit us on the following sites for more info. Thank you.

16. Irene says:

Hi po magkano po yung bili niyo sa camera im willing to buy po eh >.<