Posted on: 25th of December 2010
| Under: Life & Love
It’s our first Christmas together. :) We’re spending it away from our families this year, which means we’ll be missing out on the annual family photos at home. And because taking photos next to the Christmas tree every year is something that I look forward to, we decided to just start our very own annual photo tradition too.
Our first Christmas. <3
We also prepared a hearty Noche Buena, which we devoured right after our photo session, but I’ll post about that some other time. :) Now it’s just time to enjoy the next few days, before I have to get back to all the wedding planning. Bridesmaid dresses, bridal accessories and church requirements, see you again soon!
Hope you all have a blessed merry Christmas! <3
Photos of My Life No. 7: My Gadgets
Posted on: 16th of December 2010
| Under: Life & Love
Taking some time off wedding planning, here’s an overdue post on my seventh Photos of My Life: My Gadgets, as requested by Vince (duhdoctor) on Twitter.
Productivity and Gaming:
- iPhone 3GS: This was the hubby’s old iPhone, before he upgraded to an iPhone 4. I don’t plan on upgrading, until they release the white iPhone! :)
- Blackberry Curve 8320: I had a short love affair with Blackberries before I switched to the iPhone. I gave up on it when it started slowing down and dying unexpectedly. I use it as an extra phone now.
- Motorola V3 in hot pink: This phone is almost 5 years old and should really retire soon, but I still use it as an extra phone when traveling.
- iPod Touch: This is actually the hubby’s, but he passed it on to me when he got his first iPhone. I used it mainly as a gaming device. =P
- iPod Nano: The hubby got this for me several Christmases ago. :)
- Nintendo Game Boy Micro: I only play Mario Brothers on this =D
- 13″ Macbook Pro: Replaced my old White Macbook for this last year.
- iPad: This makes browsing on the internet easier and more convenient while in bed. Great for reading e-books, and an awesome gaming device too. I’m currently addicted to Jenga HD. =P We’re also using this for our wedding reception. :)
- Fisheye 2: I’ve had this since last year, but I haven’t had time to use it. :(
- Vivitar PN2011: I used to use this a lot. Makes pretty panoramic photos.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S: I bought this to replace my polaroid when they stopped making films. This develops smaller prints than the real polaroid, but I love it just the same.
- Canon Ixus 80 IS: My trusty point and shoot. It’s two years old, but it still takes pretty photos. :)
- Holga 120 CFN: I love Lomography and the pretty photos it develops. Haven’t used this in ages, because thanks to iPhone apps, I get to digitally process my photos looking like lomo shots now.
- Polaroid Spirit 600. This is love! I still have one unused film, which I’m saving to use on a special occasion. I have a Polaroid i-Zone too, but I left that in Manila.
- What I use most of the time: Canon 350 D and extra 50mm lens. This still works like a charm, but we really should upgrade soon! :)
What about you guys, what gadgets do you use?
** For more photo requests, please comment in my Photos of My Life post. **
Sixteen Days ’til Christmas
Posted on: 9th of December 2010
| Under: Life & Love
A little over two weeks to go ’til Christmas!
By this time, I should be busy shopping for gifts for family and friends. I should be baking cookies and cakes to give out. I should be making plans for Christmas dinners and get-togethers, and making sure I am able to meet up with everyone close to me. But, this year will be a little different—the husband and I are spending our first Christmas and New Year away from home.
To battle the homesickness, we decided to buy our very first Christmas tree. We assembled it in the living room and adorned it with shiny trimmings. The tree is only half the size of our tree at home in Manila, but it’s enough to liven up the place.
Our first Christmas tree.
Now I catch myself watching the lights, almost every night, dancing to reflect shapes and shadows on the glass walls of our living room. Somehow, I find a familiar comfort in this. <3
With all the travel deals out there, it would have also been the perfect time to go on a nice vacation somewhere. But we decided it would be nice to spend our first Christmas as a married couple, quietly in our first home.
This year will be different, but we’re definitely excited to experience this first as a married couple. :)