I’m an interior designer and I enjoy fixing homes. I find thrill in turning ordinary rooms into spaces that showcase each inhabitant’s character; each corner must be fit to the likings and lifestyle of the owner. I believe that a functionally designed home is just as vital as eating healthy.
I don’t have my own house yet, but I’m always thinking about my dream home. What I want changes from time to time, because my needs and desires change too.
Here is a list of what I want in my dream home (at the moment, anyway):
- Fully equipped kitchen where I can cook and bake. I miss baking! I also want it to be a place where I can entertain family and friends.
- My own studio filled with lots and lots of office/art/design supplies. I want the room to have big windows that open to a nice view.
- A music studio with good acoustics for JR. =)
- A study with floor to ceiling bookshelves. Plus, I also dream of owning that many books!
- A walk-in closet! Big closet spaces for my clothes, plus floor to ceiling shelves for my shoes and bags.
- A big master bath with a tub (or a jacuzzi, maybe?). It will be the perfect retreat for some relaxation.
- A home theater. I want the room to be equipped with state of the art entertainment systems, complete with soft and comfy sofas to lounge in.
- A play room for my future kids.
- A big garden with water features, plus a small pool where I can relax during a sunny day.
Such a long list, but anyone can dream, right? =P
What about you, what’s your dream home?