A Beautiful Miracle
Posted on: 4th of November 2012
| Under: Baby Tales
, Life & Love
**This will be my attempt to look back and share our whirlwind experience giving birth to a premature baby. Zoë’s NICU time, which lasted two and a half months(!), was a series of ups and downs. Most of it was really scary, but in the end, Zoë proved to be a great fighter. She is now a happy one-year-old, so loud and active, it’s hard to believe she came into the world so tiny and fragile.**
We are blessed. So very blessed, because God gave us a beautiful miracle in the form of a baby girl.
Our precious gift.
No one can ever be prepared to give birth two and a half months too early. She wasn’t meant to arrive until November 2011. Eleven-elven-eleven, the day that we were looking forward to. I had pictured myself making that drive with my husband to the emergency room, armed with our hospital bag essentials. I had even planned on bringing my camera to the delivery room, hoping that one of the nurses could document her arrival. But all that went down the drain when our little girl decided that she wanted to come out early.
Posted on: 26th of March 2011
| Under: Baby Tales
, Life & Love
Setting aside all wedding posts for a while to make a little announcement:
Call it woman’s intuition, but I already had a feeling that I was pregnant as soon as we arrived back in Singapore. I had been very sluggish and all I wanted to do was sleep all day. Heightened sense of smell, tummy cramps and a missed period, the signs where there. But for almost two weeks, I just pushed the thought aside, thinking that I was just extremely tired from the wedding. That, and I seriously thought I was just being my lazy self again. =P
When I finally woke up feeling dizzy and nauseous, I knew it was time for a home pregnancy test. Two positive sticks and a trip to the Ob-Gyn later, it was finally confirmed. :)
We’re about 5 weeks into the pregnancy (we think it’s a wedding night baby), but I’m still not used to being bloated all the time. I have a slight baby bump, but not yet big enough for plus size intimate apparel. LOL! The past week was quite difficult, with the morning sickness hitting me practically all day, everyday. For once in my life, I didn’t want to eat anything, because everything I put in my mouth just wanted to be hurled out again. I’m finally better now and I think my appetite is back. I just have to remember all the pregnancy no-nos, because apparently there are a gazillion and one of them.
We still have a long way to go, but we’re already very excited to meet the little one in November. <3<3<3
Our Wedding: A Preview (Church Ceremony)
Posted on: 9th of March 2011
| Under: Life & Love
, Our Wedding
Our big day took one whole year of designing, choosing, deciding and planning. Quite a long time, but it was nothing compared to over seven years of love, sacrifice and relationship building for us to be able to fully commit to each other and finally say our yeses.
JR and Anna — Just Say Yes
February 18, 2011
Color Motif: Purple and Champagne
Preparations: Intercontinental Hotel
Church: Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus
Coordination: Christine Ong-Te
Make-Up Artist: Carla Avanceña (my sister)
Couture: Czarina Villa
Flowers: Teddy Manuel
Bridal Car: Atty. Charlie Alvarez
Sounds + Effects: Mark Tan
Photo: Imagine Nation: John Mateos Ong, Noel Salazar, Benjie Tiongco and Aldrich Lim
Video: Wang Videography
Sharing with you guys several photos of our most memorable day to date. :)
(No class rings here. =P)
Posted on: 13th of January 2011
| Under: Life & Love
Happy New Year, guys!
Yes, I know this post is almost two weeks late, but 2011 has already been pretty busy for me. From spending time with friends and last minute shopping in Singapore (yay, to all the sales!) to flying back to Manila and trying to get some wedding errands done.
2010 was quite busy too:
- The first day of 2010 came with the most beautiful surprise: JR officially proposed. :)
- I finally managed to redesign this blog. My favorite layout, so far.
- We went on a quick KL Getaway for Valentine’s.
- We got married! We civilly tied the knot through a quick ROM (Registration of Marriage) ceremony in Singapore. To top it off, our families also flew in to witness our exchange of vows and to be with us for a couple of days.
- I had my first Blog Giveaway.
- To start taking care of our health and getting on a fitness regime, we started jogging/running religiously. I had a hard time the first couple of runs, but now I can happily manage a 5 km run in 35 minutes. :)
- We started planning for our church wedding.
- I turned 27.
- We had our Prenup Photo Shoot in Singapore. We’re not used to having a photographer follow us around, but we definitely had fun that day. I love all the photos too. :)
- An uncle passed away. It was hard to accept, but something that strengthened the family bond more. I love my Viduya family. <3
- One of my new year’s resolutions was to read more. I achieved it by finishing fifty books by the end of 2010. I hope I manage to do more this year.
- The husband and I spent our first Christmas and New Year together in Singapore. We were away from our families, but we enjoyed it nevertheless.
We greeted 2011 at home, with our kitchen table brimming with food and drinks. It was quiet with just the two of us, but we still had a feast.
The first hour of the new year was also spent taking photos together and pocketboothing:
2011 has just started, but I know it’s going to be better than 2010. There are so many things coming up for us, and I’m excited to welcome it all. :)