An Optimist Has Dislikes Too
Posted on: 1st of October 2008
| Under: Life & Love
Oh yes, I do. Here are a few of them:
- Not having my favorite magazine (Cosmopolitan) available in Singapore. I must find a local alternative.
- Sweating when I’m all dressed up.
- People calling me Ann/Anne. Only my family and a few other close relatives/friends are allowed to call me that. My name is Anna, thank you very much. =P
- Crazy truck drivers in Manila. The drivers should really consider having driving training (like CDL training, maybe) before they are allowed to drive those big vehicles. I saw two separate accidents caused by trucks while I was there last week.
- Driving during a heavy downpour in Manila. Not only because it makes seeing the road close to impossible, but also because it’s even harder to see the annoying pot holes that’s practically everywhere.
- Having a rather slow metabolism. I envy those who can eat all they want, and never have to worry about putting on weight. Unfair!
- Barristas who don’t know their coffee. I encountered one at the McCafe near our flat, who didn’t understand what I meant when I asked for a Caramel Latte! I had to explain to her that it was just a regular latte with extra caramel syrup!
- KFC here in Singapore. Not as good as KFC back in Manila. They don’t even have free flowing gravy!
- Cebu Pacific. They gave us a headache on the night of our flight back to Manila last week. I’ll probably save the rant for another post (if I get around to it), but they were such a hassle! It’ll be the last time we’re going to fly with them! We’re also composing a formal complaint, which we will email them within the week.
My Dream Home
Posted on: 15th of September 2008
| Under: Life & Love
I’m an interior designer and I enjoy fixing homes. I find thrill in turning ordinary rooms into spaces that showcase each inhabitant’s character; each corner must be fit to the likings and lifestyle of the owner. I believe that a functionally designed home is just as vital as eating healthy.
I don’t have my own house yet, but I’m always thinking about my dream home. What I want changes from time to time, because my needs and desires change too.
Here is a list of what I want in my dream home (at the moment, anyway):
- Fully equipped kitchen where I can cook and bake. I miss baking! I also want it to be a place where I can entertain family and friends.
- My own studio filled with lots and lots of office/art/design supplies. I want the room to have big windows that open to a nice view.
- A music studio with good acoustics for JR. =)
- A study with floor to ceiling bookshelves. Plus, I also dream of owning that many books!
- A walk-in closet! Big closet spaces for my clothes, plus floor to ceiling shelves for my shoes and bags.
- A big master bath with a tub (or a jacuzzi, maybe?). It will be the perfect retreat for some relaxation.
- A home theater. I want the room to be equipped with state of the art entertainment systems, complete with soft and comfy sofas to lounge in.
- A play room for my future kids.
- A big garden with water features, plus a small pool where I can relax during a sunny day.
Such a long list, but anyone can dream, right? =P
What about you, what’s your dream home?
Missing Manila, but Loving Singapore
Posted on: 2nd of July 2008
| Under: Life & Love
Things I miss about Manila:
- My family. Although, I am actually in constant contact with them through the internet. My mom bugs me almost everyday about finding and buying her nice shoes and bags! LOL!
- Gucci! I miss coming home to her waiting by the door, ready to fetch my slippers. I was actually on voicechat with my family the other night, and I was calling out to her so she could hear me. She was crying out loud when she did and was running around the room trying to find me. The poor thing misses me too! =(
- My pillows! I must remember to pack them in my suitcase when I go home in December.
- My entire closet (clothes, shoes and bags). I could only bring so much when I flew here. I always have days when I feel as if I have nothing to wear!
- Cibo! I want some of my favorite Manzo Panini!
- My books. Sometimes I find comfort just staring at my bookshelf. =P
- The rest of my art supplies.
Things I love about Singapore:
- Finally being with the boyfriend. Just as he say’s it: “We’re finally Together Again!”
- Being independent.
- Cooking breakfast, cleaning, doing the laundry, and feeling all domesticated.
- Riding the MRT everywhere. I do miss driving around in my own car, but being just a passenger is quite relaxing. :)
- Clean toilets with tissue everywhere! Something that you’ll rarely, if not never, find in Manila. =P
- Going to the gym and hearing several people speaking in Tagalog. Makes me feel like I never left Manila at all.
- JR‘s band (En-X) and finally being able to watch them play, even if it’s just during their jamming/practise sessions.
- Yummy food! I love, love Chinese and Malay food. =)
- Shopping! But, I must really take control, because I am going broke! =P
- Living on the 4th floor, with no elevator. Going up and down the stairs everyday serves as my quick exercise when I’m too lazy to go to the gym. XP